Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 15th October 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Dan Jarvis Dan Jarvis Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs how much his Department spent on research and development in (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10, (c) 2010-11 and (d) 2011-12; and how much he plans to spend in (i) 2012-13, (ii) 2013-14 and (iii) 2014-15.

Photo of David Lidington David Lidington The Minister for Europe

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) does not have a dedicated Research and Development fund. Research in the FCO is primarily undertaken by FCO Research Analysts, who provide analysis and advice to Departments. Research is also conducted by individual directorates, Departments and posts and funded from devolved budgets. Information relating to expenditure on research is difficult to identify with any certainly and, as potentially relevant data are not held centrally, could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.