Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

GCSE: English Language

Education written question – answered on 15th October 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Damian Hinds Damian Hinds Conservative, East Hampshire

To ask the Secretary of State for Education how many pupils achieved GCSE English or English Language at each grade at each secondary school in England and Wales

(1) in (a) January 2011 and (b) January 2012; and what the (i) name, (ii) URN and (iii) establishment number of the school was in each case;

(2) in (a) June 2011 and (b) June 2012; and what the (i) name, (ii) URN and (iii) establishment number was of the school in each case.

Photo of Elizabeth Truss Elizabeth Truss The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

Provisional national level GCSE results for England in 2011/12 will be available in a Statistical First Release (SFR): “GCSE and Equivalent Results in England, 2011/12 (Provisional)” in October. School level results will be available in the 2012 Secondary School Performance Tables to be published in January 2013 following a full data checking exercise with schools. These publications will cover the achievements of pupils at the end of Key Stage 4 in 2012 and will include GCSEs awarded across the whole 2011/12 academic year and any achieved in earlier years by these pupils.

Information on English and English Language GCSE examinations completed in each of the January and June 2011 examination seasons by individual grade for every school in England could be produced only at disproportionate cost.

The Department for Education is responsible for education in England and does not collect statistics on education for Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland, responsibility for which lies with each devolved administration.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.