Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Special Educational Needs: Hearing Impairment

Education written question – answered on 15th October 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Pat Glass Pat Glass Labour, North West Durham

To ask the Secretary of State for Education how specialist support for deaf children who require occasional or regular specialist educational support from a peripatetic teacher of the deaf will be funded under his proposals for school funding reform.

Photo of Edward Timpson Edward Timpson The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

holding answer 6 September 2012

The high needs block within the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG) for local authorities will include funding for specialist support services, including peripatetic teachers of the deaf.

The regulations governing DSG will allow this funding to be retained centrally. It is up to local authorities to agree with their schools forums whether they wish to fund a central service in this way or to delegate part or all of the funding to individual schools.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.