Housing Benefit: Greater London

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 11th July 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jeremy Corbyn Jeremy Corbyn Labour, Islington North

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what funding of transitional benefit to recipients of housing benefit was paid by each London borough in the first three months of 2012-13; and what funding will be available for the remainder of the year.

Photo of Steve Webb Steve Webb The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Transitional funding for the housing benefit reforms for the financial year 2012-13 was allocated to local authorities earlier this year. These funds are intended to be used to provide targeted support to help meet the housing needs of claimants affected by the housing benefit reforms. Examples of this could include additional support with homelessness prevention, negotiating with landlords, money advice and supporting people who need to move. It is for local authorities to decide how the funding will be spent and we do not monitor this expenditure on a month by month basis.

Allocations of transitional funding for each London borough for the financial year 2012-13 can be found at:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.