Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 3rd July 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Caroline Flint Caroline Flint Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government which energy supplier supplies his Department with (a) gas and (b) electricity.

Photo of Bob Neill Bob Neill The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

The Department for Communities and Local Government procures its energy supplies through the Government Procurement Service's (formerly Buying Solutions) framework agreement. The suppliers on this framework are:

EDF Energy—Half hourly metered electricity

British Gas Business—Non-half hourly metered electricity

Corona Energy—Gas

The Department uses all three suppliers across its estate.

The Department has made significant year-on-year reductions in energy consumption. In 2011-12, electricity and gas consumption were reduced by 9% and 45% respectively, compared to the previous year.

Under the last Administration, the Department's main building (Eland House, Victoria) was one of the least energy-efficient buildings in Whitehall, despite it being the lead Department on energy efficiency standards in buildings. In June 2011, the building was awarded a ‘D’ grade display energy certificate, having improved from the equivalent ‘G’ grade in 2006-07.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.