Universal Credit

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 2nd July 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions whether direct payment of the housing element of universal credit to (a) social or council tenants and (b) private sector tenants will be operational in time for the rollout of universal credit in October 2013.

Photo of Steve Webb Steve Webb The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

From October 2013, the Department for Work and Pensions will have the capability, where a need is identified, to make payments from a universal credit award directly to the landlord as well as to-the claimant.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.