We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Higher Education

Business, Innovation and Skills written question – answered on 28th June 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Shabana Mahmood Shabana Mahmood Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills)

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills how his Department communicates the information that a course is to be designated for higher education purposes to the (a) Student Loans Company, (b) Quality Assurance Agency and (c) Higher Education Funding Council for England.

Photo of David Willetts David Willetts Minister of State (Universities and Science)

The information requested is as follows.

(a) Course designation decisions are communicated to providers by the Student Loans Company (SLC). The SLC maintains a list of designated courses on its website:


(b) and (c) The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and the Higher Education Funding Council (HEFCE) are able to access the information through the SLC website as above.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.