House of Lords written question – answered on 28th June 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Jones of Cheltenham Lord Jones of Cheltenham Liberal Democrat

To ask Her Majesty's Government how much was spent in the latest year for which figures are available on publicising and advertising the policy that United Kingdom citizens in receipt of a state pension whilst resident in countries where that pension is not uprated can claim a temporary uprating to cover the period of their visit to the United Kingdom or another country where pension levels are uprated; and whether they propose to include relevant contact details for such claims in United Kingdom passports.

Photo of Lord Freud Lord Freud The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

Where a person claimed a UK pension from overseas, a leaflet was included with the entitlement notice. This leaflet gave specific information on the availability of uprates for periods of temporary residence in the UK and certain other countries.

This leaflet was removed in 2011. However, the same information is now included in the notice of entitlement issued when a UK pension is awarded.

Information on all aspects of payment of UK pensions overseas is available from the DWP's international pension centre. The contact details are available on the website at: ContactsByCategory/Over50sContacts/DG_178684.

No information on the expenditure involved, concerning the leaflet and dealing with queries, is available.

The Identity and Passport Service has no plans to include pension information in United Kingdom passports.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No4 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.