International Development written question – answered on 8th March 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Phillips Stephen Phillips Conservative, Sleaford and North Hykeham

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what recent steps his Department has taken to help internally displaced people and refugees in Shan and Kachin states in Burma.

Photo of Alan Duncan Alan Duncan The Minister of State, Department for International Development

The Department for International Development (DFID) is supporting non-government organisations which are providing assistance to 27,500 internally displaced people (IDP) in Kachin State over the next four months by providing humanitarian assistance in the areas of food security, shelter, water, sanitation, health and bedding.

In Shan State DFID is supporting the work of the Shan Women's Action Network, including grants to help with the costs of schooling for IDPs.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.