Depleted Uranium

Defence written question – answered on 6th March 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jackie Doyle-Price Jackie Doyle-Price Conservative, Thurrock

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what support his Department provides to veterans who carry a health condition as a result of exposure to depleted uranium.

Photo of Andrew Robathan Andrew Robathan The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence

Lead responsibility for the health care of veterans lies with the NHS. The MOD provides financial support to former service personnel suffering from injuries or illness caused or made worse by their service through the War Pension and Armed Forces Compensation schemes. We also offer assistance and support from the Veterans' Welfare Service.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.