International Development written question – answered on 27th February 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Bob Russell Bob Russell Liberal Democrat, Colchester

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what funding his Department has provided to assist internally-displaced people in Kachin State, Burma, in areas not controlled by the Government of Burma; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Alan Duncan Alan Duncan The Minister of State, Department for International Development

The Department for International Development has recently approved funding of just under £1 million to assist internally displaced people in Kachin State, Burma in areas not controlled by the Government of Burma. This funding will help alleviate the suffering of 22,400 displaced women, children and men through the provision of humanitarian assistance in the areas of food security, shelter, water, sanitation, health and bedding.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.