Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Energy Performance Certificates

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 14th December 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Madeleine Moon Madeleine Moon Labour, Bridgend

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if he will consider amending the requirements for energy performance certificates to be made available when a residential property is put up for sale to include information on floor area and energy usage; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Andrew Stunell Andrew Stunell The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Communities and Local Government

Energy performance certificates already contain information about a dwelling's floor area and energy usage and must be made available to prospective purchasers within 28 days of a property being marketed for sale. We are making a number of changes to the energy performance certificate to significantly improve its format and content and ensure that it effectively supports the Green Deal. The revised energy performance certificate will be released in April 2012.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.