Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Civil Disorder

Home Department written question – answered on 14th December 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Malcolm Wicks Malcolm Wicks Labour, Croydon North

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many firms of loss adjusters have been employed by police forces to assess claims for compensation under the Riot (Damages) Act 1886 arising from the civil disorder of August 2011; at what rate firms have been remunerated; and what the total amount of fees paid to such firms has been, at the most recent date for which figures are available.

Photo of Nick Herbert Nick Herbert The Minister for Policing and Criminal Justice, The Minister for Policing and Criminal Justice

This information is not collected centrally. However, these data are available from the respective police authorities.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.