We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Risk Assessment

Justice written question – answered on 12th December 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gareth Thomas Gareth Thomas Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office), Party Chair, Co-operative Party

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what risk registers are held by the public bodies for which his Department is responsible; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Jonathan Djanogly Jonathan Djanogly The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice

Each of the Ministry’s public bodies is responsible for assessing which risks they are responsible for, and for putting in place the appropriate processes to monitor and manage those risks.

For many of the MOJ’s public bodies, the Department will monitor and manage the risks (for example, when a public body is located within a MOJ building the MOJ corporate centre will have responsibility for any accommodation risks).

Risk registers are held by the following MOJ public bodies:

Arms Length Body

Judicial Office of England and Wales

Civil Justice Council

Family Justice Council

Office for Judicial Complaints

HM Chief Inspectorate of Prisons

HM Chief Inspectorate of Probation

Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)

Judicial Appointments and Conduct Ombudsman (JACO)

Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC)

Office of Public Guardian

Law Commission

Legal Services Board (LSB)

Office for Legal Complaints (OLC)

Prisons and Probation Ombudsman

Sentencing Council for England and Wales

Youth Justice Board for England and Wales (YJB)

Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC)

Administrative Justice and Tribunal Council (AJTC)

Court Funds Office (CFO)

Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)

Official Solicitor and Public Trustee (OSPT)

Parole Board



Legal Services Commission

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.