We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Solar Power: Feed-in Tariffs

Energy and Climate Change written question – answered on 12th December 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Graham Brady Graham Brady Chair, Conservative Party 1922 Committee

To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change how many households and businesses in each region of the UK have installed solar panels utilising the Government-subsidised feed-in tariff scheme.

Photo of Gregory Barker Gregory Barker The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change

The number of domestic and non-domestic solar photovoltaic (PV) installations registered for feed-in tariffs by region, as at end of September 2011(1), are:

Region Domestic PV installations Percentage of domestic PV installations Non-domestic (3) PV installations Percentage non-domestic PV installations
East Midlands 6,943 9 107 7
East of England 9,470 12 127 9
London 2,364 3 103 7
North East 1,532 2 54 4
North West 5,042 7 102 7
South East 14,642 19 168 12
South West 14,251 19 271 19
West Midlands 5,311 7 135 9
Yorkshire and the Humber 8,471 11 86 6
England 68,026 88 1,153 80
Wales 4,135 5 88 6
Scotland 4,221 5 56 4
Unallocated(2) 584 1 148 10
Total 76,966 100 1,445 100
(1) Data are sourced from the Central FIT Register maintained by Ofgem. The register is continually being updated and revised, so statistical reports extracted at a later date may not exactly match the totals presented here. Local authority data can be found on the DECC website http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/statistics/energy_stats/source/electricity/electricity.aspx titled ‘Feed-in Tariff Capacity (ET5.6)’. (2) Schemes that could not be allocated at local authority level. (3) Non-domestic installations include industrial, commercial and community installations.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.