Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Crisis Loans

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 24th November 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kate Green Kate Green Shadow Minister (Equalities)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what will replace crisis loan alignment payments for non-claimants of universal credit from April 2013; and which official body or bodies will be responsible for making such awards.

Photo of Steve Webb Steve Webb The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

The current Welfare Reform Bill contains provisions which will enable crisis loans for alignment to be replaced by payment on account short-term advances from April 2013 for both universal credit and all current benefits. These advances will be made at the discretion of the Secretary of State and administered by Jobcentre Plus and Pensions, Disability and Carers Service.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.