Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Disability: Young People

Health written question – answered on 8th November 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Annette Brooke Annette Brooke Liberal Democrat, Mid Dorset and North Poole

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what function the NHS Commissioning Board will have in respect of national delivery of health services for (a) disabled children and young people (i) with complex needs and (ii) requiring palliative care and (b) other disabled children and young people.

Photo of Paul Burstow Paul Burstow The Minister of State, Department of Health

Subject to the passage of the Health and Social Care Bill, the NHS Commissioning Board will have a duty to conduct a performance assessment of each clinical commissioning group in respect of each financial year.

When conducting a performance assessment, the board has a duty to consult each relevant health and well-being board as to its views on the clinical commissioning group's contribution to the delivery of any joint health and well-being strategy. Health and well-being boards will include a director of children's services.

The board will have a duty to have regard to jointly prepared local joint strategic needs assessment (JSNAs) and the joint health and well-being strategy (JHWSs) in its own direct commissioning.

The board will have responsibility for the direct commissioning of a number of services from April 2013, including those services for people with rare conditions, which are currently commissioned at both a national and regional level as described in the Specialised National Definitions set.

There will be senior clinical leadership for children's health services within the NHS Commissioning board providing advice and support to commissioners.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.