Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder


Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 17th October 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Rosindell Andrew Rosindell Conservative, Romford

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what consular assistance his Department is providing to British citizens in Yemen following recent civil unrest in that country.

Photo of Alistair Burt Alistair Burt The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

As our travel advice makes clear the FCO's current ability to provide any consular assistance in Yemen is very limited. We currently advise against all travel to Yemen and strongly urge British nationals to leave now by commercial means. It also makes clear that if British nationals do not leave the country now while there are some commercial airlines still operating, it is extremely unlikely that the British Government will be able to evacuate them or provide consular assistance. We strongly advise British nationals to make plans and leave immediately.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.