Government Procurement Card

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 13th October 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Brandon Lewis Brandon Lewis Conservative, Great Yarmouth

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government pursuant to the answer to the hon. Member for Dover of 11 July 2011, Official Report, column 57W, on the Government Procurement Card,

(1) whether any of the cards were used abroad for transactions before they were cloned; and whether the fraudulent usage included foreign expenditure on the cloned cards;

(2) whether the transactions made on cloned cards were reported to the police;

(3) which offices within the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister had their Government Procurement Card cloned;

(4) what the estimated (a) number and (b) value was of transactions that were made on cloned cards during the time that the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister existed.

Photo of Bob Neill Bob Neill The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

This information is not held centrally and could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

Government Procurement Card transaction records for the period 1 April 2004 to 30 April 2006 (when the Department was the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) have now been deposited in the Library of the House as a response to PQ60994 answered on 13 October. Transaction records from April 2002 until March 2004 are no longer held.

Departmental guidance is clear that any unauthorised or unknown transactions appearing on Government Procurement Card transaction reports (invoices) such as cloned card incidents must be reported immediately to the card issuing company. Under the terms of the contract any financial loss arising from this type of fraudulent activity is the responsibility of the card issuing company who will take forward any investigation. There will be no threat/risk to departmental funds.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.