We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Alcoholic Drinks: Rehabilitation

Health written question – answered on 20th July 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Stephenson Andrew Stephenson Conservative, Pendle

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will assess the provision of support available to alcohol and drug rehabilitation centres in (a) Pendle, (b) Lancashire and (c) England.

Photo of Anne Milton Anne Milton The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

Drug and alcohol treatment services are commissioned locally, with funding provided by a combination of central Government funding and local funding provided by a range of local partners including the local authority, health, policy and probation. In Pendle, they are commissioned by Lancashire Drug and Alcohol Action Team who also provide support to delivery of services across the county.

The Government's Drug Strategy, published in December 2010, highlighted the need for local areas to build close links between residential rehabilitation and other services when commissioning support to help people recover from dependence on drugs and alcohol. In a series of initiatives funded by the Department, the National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse (NTA) has:

allocated over £65 million since 2007-08 for capital projects to improve the provision of rehabilitation facilities; launched Rehab Online, a web-based directory of residential services in 2010; and held a series of regional events in 2011 to raise the profile of such services.

Later this year, the NTA will be responding to the consultation on Building Recovery in Communities by publishing updated advice on models of care for people dependent on drugs and alcohol.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.