We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder


House of Lords written question – answered on 20th July 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Laird Lord Laird UUP

To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Browning on 6 July (WA 86), where an employer has agreed a scale rent dispensation with HM Revenue and Customs to reimburse allowable travel and subsistence expenses incurred by employees in performing their duties, whether such payments are excluded from the salary package that counts towards the appropriate salary for issue of Tier 2 intra-company transfer visas.

Photo of Baroness Browning Baroness Browning Minister of State (Home Office)

The UK Border Agency will not take into account any payments which are made purely for the purpose of reimbursing expenses incurred by employees in performing their duties as opposed to payments to cover the cost of living in the UK.

It is not relevant to the decision whether or not an employer has agreed a scale rate dispensation in relation to such payments.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.