Planning Permission

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 28th June 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alison Seabeck Alison Seabeck Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how many expressions of interest in establishing a neighbourhood plan his Department has received from each local authority area.

Photo of Bob Neill Bob Neill The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

Through the Neighbourhood Planning Front Runners scheme, we have invited all local planning authorities to apply for grants of up to £20,000 to prepare a neighbourhood-level plan in close collaboration with the local community. The number of project proposals so far received by the Department from each local planning authority is set out in the following table:

Local authority Number of applications
Allerdale 1
Arun 1
Birmingham 2
Blaby 1
Breckland 1
Brentwood 1
Bristol 3
Broadland 6
Cherwell 2
Cheshire East 4
Cheshire West and Chester 1
Cornwall 1
Crawley 1
Dacorum 1
East Lindsey 2
East Northamptonshire 2
Enfield 1
Exmoor National Park Authority 1
Gateshead 1
Gedling 1
Hartlepool 1
Herefordshire 2
High Peak/Staffordshire Moorlands 1
Hinckley and Bosworth 1
Kensington and Chelsea 1
Lake District National Park Authority 1
Lewes 1
Lincoln 1
Melton 2
Milton Keynes 4
Mole Valley 1
Newark and Sherwood 1
North Kesteven 1
North Somerset 1
North Tyneside 1
Northumberland County 1
Northumberland National Park Authority 1
Redcar and Cleveland 1
Rushcliffe 1
Shropshire 5
South Gloucestershire 1
South Holland 1
South Norfolk 1
South Northamptonshire 1
South Somerset 1
Southwark 2
St Helens 1
Sunderland 1
Sutton 1
Swale 1
Swindon 1
Teignbridge 1
Telford and Wrekin 3
Torbay 1
Uttlesford 1
West Dorset 2
West Lindsey 1
Wiltshire 2
Windsor and Maidenhead 2
Wirral 2
Wolverhampton 3

Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.