Special Educational Needs

Education written question – answered on 8th June 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Cunningham Jim Cunningham Labour, Coventry South

To ask the Secretary of State for Education what assistance his Department provides to parents of children with learning difficulties.

Photo of Sarah Teather Sarah Teather The Minister of State, Department for Education

holding answer 12 May 2012

We set out in the Green Paper, “Support and aspiration: A new approach to special educational needs and disability”, the main ways we are supporting parents of children with learning difficulties: every local authority in England has a duty to arrange a parent partnership service to give parents advice and information about their child's special educational needs; the Department is directly funding parent carer forums in every local authority area which enable parents to shape local services for disabled children; and, we have also recently distributed £6.5 million in grants to the voluntary and community sector to provide local support to communities including parents of children with learning difficulties.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.