Zimbabwe: British Nationals

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 23rd May 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gordon Banks Gordon Banks Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs pursuant to the answer of 26 April 2011, Official Report, column 406W, on Zimbabwe: British nationals abroad, what information on safety and security his Department provides to UK citizens wishing to relocate to Zimbabwe and not only to travel to or through that country.

Photo of Henry Bellingham Henry Bellingham The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

The “Living Abroad” page on the FCO website:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/living-overseas/ and the “Going to Live Abroad” booklet:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/2855621/going-to-live-abroad give generic tips on starting life abroad.

Our Travel Advice for Zimbabwe gives general advice to British nationals travelling to Zimbabwe whatever the purpose of their visit at:


If the move is business related Overseas Security Information for Business (OSIB), a joint FCO/UKTI venture provide information at:


The UK in Zimbabwe website provides information on Living in Zimbabwe at:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.