Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Housing Benefit

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 3rd May 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Karen Buck Karen Buck Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions whether bedroom size will be taken into account when determining whether to apply a reduction in housing benefit to social tenants judged to be under-occupying a property.

Photo of Steve Webb Steve Webb The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

We intend that the minimum size of a room in order to be counted as a bedroom within a property will be determined in a way that is consistent with standards set by the Department for Communities and Local Government, the devolved Administrations and relevant regulatory bodies. This will be established as part of the implementation process.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.