Work and Pensions written question – answered at on 27 April 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Pamela Nash Pamela Nash Labour, Airdrie and Shotts

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions whether staff in his Department and the public bodies for which it is responsible have direct access to nurse-based medical advice as part of his Department's absence management policy.

Photo of Chris Grayling Chris Grayling The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Managers employed by the Department for Work and Pensions and public bodies for which it is responsible may, when necessary, refer employees to a nurse-based occupational health service. This service is delivered predominantly by telephone and provides advice about reducing the adverse effects of a health condition on the employee's work performance or about helping the employee quickly to return to work from sick leave.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.