Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Energy: Gas Safety

House of Lords written question – answered on 6th April 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Freud Lord Freud The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has in-house expertise such as offshore gas safety inspectors, gas and pipelines specialists, process safety inspectors and domestic gas specialists, who are all supported by regulatory and legal advisers to ensure the effective regulation of the gas industry in Great Britain.

HSE also has access to expertise within the Health and Safety Laboratory, which includes analytical and research scientists, Gas Safe registered engineers and chemical, process and risk assessment experts. HSE also works with Gas Safe Register inspectors and technical experts in the inspection and investigation of domestic gas work, as well as Gas Safe Register communications team to raise consumer awareness of gas safety issues.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.