Jobseeker's Allowance

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 22nd March 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Lloyd Stephen Lloyd Liberal Democrat, Eastbourne

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what transitional arrangements (a) there are and (b) he plans to introduce for those who are moved onto jobseeker's allowance following a work capability assessment where the change results in a difference in benefit payments.

Photo of Chris Grayling Chris Grayling The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

There is no transitional protection for claimants who move from employment and support allowance to jobseeker's allowance and there are no plans to introduce such arrangements. There is however, transitional protection for those who move to employment and support allowance following reassessment of their existing incapacity benefit award.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.