House of Lords written question – answered on 16th February 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord German Lord German Liberal Democrat

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will provide links to websites containing advice issued since January 2009 on face-to-face contact with benefit claimants by (a) Jobcentre Plus, (b) all organisations with Alternative Office status, and (c) any other body with the right or duty to assist or take part in a benefits claim; and whether they will place in the Library of the House any additional advice not published on the internet.

Photo of Lord Freud Lord Freud The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

The department does not publish advice regarding face-to-face contact on any external websites. We provide such guidance only to our own Jobcentre Plus staff but that is only available on our internal intranet and is therefore not available to the general public via external websites. We do not have any plans to publish our internal guidance in the Library of the House.

Nor do we provide any guidance for advice or representative organisations about how they should deal with our customers.

We provide a wide range of information about our benefits and services to help such organisations to advise our customers. This information is published via our departmental website ( and via DirectGov ( Jobseekers/index.htm).

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.