To ask the Secretary of State for Defence
(1) what his Department's projected budget is for operation of the UK area at the Teutates Epure facility in France from 2016;
(2) what spending commitments his Department will be subject to for the UK area at the Teutates Epure facility in France prior to 2016;
(3) how many UK staff will be employed in the UK area at the Teutates Epure facility in France;
(4) how much his Department plans to spend on its share of the costs of phase 2 building at the new Teutates Epure facility in France;
(5) how much his Department has budgeted for the construction of the new Teutates Technology Development Centre at AWE Aldermaston.
Both the planned Teutates Technology Development Centre, to be built at the Atomic Weapons Establishment Aldermaston, and the Teutates Epure facility, to be built in France, are in the project concept phase.
Cost estimates are currently being developed jointly by teams in the UK and France. Budget forecasts will be included in the final national investment approvals for the Teutates programme, which are scheduled to be sought by the end of 2012.
The operational model, including the number of staff required to support UK operations at the Teutates Epure facility in France, will be developed as part of the subsequent project assessment phase.