Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
(1) what the average forecast basic state pension entitlement is for a (a) woman and (b) man retiring in 2016;
(2) what the average forecast basic state pension entitlement is for a (a) woman and (b) man retiring in 2011.
The information available is in the following table.
|Average amount of weekly basic state pension for new claimants at state pension age|
|£ cash terms|
|March 2011||March 2016|
| Notes: |
1. Figures are rounded to the nearest £1.
2. Award relates to the average weekly amount of basic state pension in payment to someone claiming basic state pension at state pension age in a particular year. They exclude those above state pension age receiving a deferred claim.
3. Figures do not include graduated retirement benefit.