Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Solar Energy

Energy and Climate Change written question – answered on 24th January 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Huw Irranca-Davies Huw Irranca-Davies Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change)

To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change pursuant to the answer of 11 January 2011, Official Report, column 259W, on solar energy, what proportion of feed-in tariff funds for solar photovoltaics have been allocated to (a) individual households, (b) community schemes, (c) non-community based solar farms and (d) other schemes in each quarter since the scheme began; and what estimate he has made of the proportion of funding to be allocated to each such category of scheme in each quarter until the review date of the scheme.

Photo of Charles Hendry Charles Hendry The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change

The information is not available in the format requested. Quarterly statistics on feed-in tariffs (FITs) are published by both DECC and Ofgem and currently cover the first two quarters of the FITs scheme (April to September 2010). This confirms that of the 10,531 solar photovoltaic installations accredited for FITs in that period, 99.2% were domestic, 0.4% commercial, 0.4% community and there was one industrial scheme (under 0.01%). The total FITs payments over this period for all technologies was £2,686,712.55.

Under the FITs scheme, funds are not allocated in the manner described. However, the analysis and projections undertaken by the previous Administration which informed the FITs impact assessment suggested that in the first three years of the scheme (April 2010 to March 2013) only PV installations of 0-4kW would be incentivised under the scheme.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.