British Indian Ocean Territory

House of Lords written question – answered at on 6 December 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Ashcroft Lord Ashcroft Conservative

To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Howell of Guildford on 15 November (WA 151-2), which department or body issues the permit to allow access to the British Indian Ocean Territory.

Photo of Lord Howell of Guildford Lord Howell of Guildford Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (International Energy Policy)

Permits for access to the British Indian Ocean Territory (RIOT) may be issued by members of the BIOT administration, based in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London, and by BIOT immigration officers in the Territory appointed by the BIOT commissioner.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.