Mortgages: Government Assistance

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 2nd December 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes Conservative, Romsey and Southampton North

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what mechanisms will be put in place to support disabled home owners whose disability prevents them from earning an income.

Photo of Maria Miller Maria Miller The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

Disabled home owners who are entitled to income-related employment and support allowance or income support, may receive an additional element called support for mortgage interest. This makes a contribution towards the interest on eligible loans taken out to purchase the property. It also makes a contribution towards specific loans for repairs and improvements which are necessary to maintain the home's fitness for habitation or to loans taken out to adapt a home to meet the special needs of a disabled person.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.