Cabinet Office written question – answered on 24th November 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gavin Shuker Gavin Shuker Labour, Luton South

To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office if he will bring forward proposals to regulate the use of the word ombudsman to limit its use to dispute-resolving bodies and other official organisations.

Photo of Francis Maude Francis Maude The Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office

Cabinet Office guidance "Ombudsman Schemes-Guidance for Departments" provides advice to Departments when setting up Ombudsman schemes or similar complaint-handling schemes, including the use of the term 'Ombudsman'.

A copy of the guidance has been placed in the Library of the House and can also be accessed on the Cabinet Office website at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.