Care Homes: Fees and Charges

Health written question – answered on 23rd November 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes Conservative, Romsey and Southampton North

To ask the Secretary of State for Health whether he issues guidance to NHS organisations on requests made by (a) care homes and (b) primary care trusts to the relatives of patients on top-up financing.

Photo of Paul Burstow Paul Burstow The Minister of State, Department of Health

The Department does not issue such guidance to national health service organisations.

The Department issues guidance to local authorities on top-up fees for local-authority-supported residential care in Local Authority Circular (2004) 20. A copy has been placed in the Library.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.