Asylum: Finance

Home Department written question – answered on 18th November 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Pete Wishart Pete Wishart Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Culture and Sport), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitution)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what assistance for transportation costs is available for people in receipt of Section 4 support.

Photo of Damian Green Damian Green The Minister for Immigration

Under the Immigration and Asylum (Provision of Services of Services or Facilities) Regulations 2007 ("the 2007 Regulations") the Secretary of State may supply, or arrange for the supply of, facilities for travel for a qualifying journey to a supported person to (a) receive health care treatment, provided that the supported person has provided evidence that the qualifying journey is necessary; or (b) register a birth.

This is usually provided in the form of public transport tickets issued by the supported person's accommodation provider on behalf of the UK Border Agency.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.


Langa Siwela
Posted on 22 Nov 2010 11:06 am (Report this annotation)

What of emergencies after hours for example a child falling or getting a cut which needs attention in hospital, should all this wait for (UKBA or secretary of state) to send qualifying tickets.