House of Lords written question – answered on 12th November 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Hylton Lord Hylton Crossbench

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will ask the United Nations to send shipments containing the construction materials required by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for repairs and replacements of buildings destroyed in the conflict of 2008-09 and for necessary new schools direct to Gaza.

Photo of Baroness Verma Baroness Verma Lords Spokesperson (Home Office) (Equalities and Women's Issues), Baroness in Waiting (HM Household) (Whip), Lords Spokesperson (Department for International Development)

We believe that the most effective way of bringing construction materials into Gaza in the quantities required, without benefiting Hamas or disregarding Israel's legitimate security concerns, is via the land crossings between Israel and Gaza. To that end, we will continue to press Israel to implement in full the measures announced in June to relax movement and access restrictions on Gaza and to ensure that the full entry of materials for UN reconstruction projects is approved expeditiously.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.