Children Act 1989

House of Lords written question – answered on 27th July 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Taylor of Warwick Lord Taylor of Warwick Non-affiliated

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will amend the Children Act 1989 to allow divorced couples equal access to their children.

Photo of Lord Hill of Oareford Lord Hill of Oareford The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education, The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

The Government are committed to reform of the family justice system and a comprehensive Family Justice Review is already underway. The review will examine the system as a whole, including how to promote contact between children and their non-resident parents. A copy of the review's terms of reference is available in the House Library.

The review will make its recommendations in 2011. If changes are to be made to the family justice system in light of the review, there will, of course, be a formal announcement.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.