Housing Benefit

House of Lords written question – answered on 7th July 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Marlesford Lord Marlesford Conservative

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will contribute to the cost to local authorities of reviewing housing benefit payments.

Photo of Lord Freud Lord Freud The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

The Department for Work and Pensions provides a subsidy to local authorities in Great Britain which covers about half of the cost of administering housing benefit and council tax benefit. In 2010-11 the Government have provided £515 million, plus an additional £50 million to help local authorities manage the additional workload due to the downturn.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.