Tax Allowances: Housing

Treasury written question – answered on 8th April 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kitty Ussher Kitty Ussher Labour, Burnley

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer pursuant to the answer of 18 March 2010, Official Report, column 195W, on tax allowances: housing, if he will estimate the number of (a) UK taxpayers and (b) hon. Members who varied the nomination of a main residence in order to obtain private residence relief from capital gains tax in each of the last 10 years.

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Digital Britain) (also HM Treasury), Financial Secretary (HM Treasury) (also in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills)

The information requested is available only at disproportionate cost, as the data on main residence nominations are not centrally held on HMRC's systems.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.