Departmental Energy

Health written question – answered on 6th April 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gregory Barker Gregory Barker Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what (a) voltage optimisers and (b) equivalent technologies are used within buildings occupied by his Department.

Photo of Phil Hope Phil Hope Minister of State (the East Midlands), Regional Affairs, Minister of State (the East Midlands), Department of Health

The Department is currently looking at the feasibility of installing voltage optimisers across the Department's London estate as part of our Carbon Management Programme to reduce energy consumption.

There are no equivalent technologies used within buildings occupied by the Department in its central administrative estate which consists of Richmond house, London SW1A, Wellington house, London SE1, and Skipton house, London SE1. The Department is a minor occupier in New Kings Beam house, London SE1 (a HM Revenue and Customs building) and Quarry house in Leeds LS2 (a Department for Work and Pensions building).

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.