The available information is shown in the table. This is based on pupils who were aged 15 as at
|State funded secondary( 1)( ,)( 2) and special schools( 3) : Number and proportion of white British boys aged 15 known to be eligible for free school meals( 4, 5, 6) .( ) As at January 2003 and 2008-England|
|White British boys aged 15|
|All pupils( 4, 5)||Number known to be eligible for free school meals( 4, 5, 6)||Percentage known to be eligible for free school meals( 7)|
|(1) Includes middle schools as deemed. |
(2) Includes city technology colleges and academies.
(3) Includes maintained and non-maintained special schools, excludes general hospital schools.
(4) Includes pupils who are sole and dual main registrations.
(5) Boys aged 15 as at 31 August the previous year.
(6) Those eligible may choose not to take up their offer of a free school meal for various reasons eg through preference or through non-attendance on the day. Pupils are counted as eligible only if they meet the eligibility criteria and make a claim.
(7) The number of white British boys aged 15 known to be eligible for free school meals expressed as a percentage of the total number of white British boys aged 15.
Numbers have been rounded to the nearest 10.