The number of registered social landlord sales to the private sector in England for the last five years are published by the Tenant Services Authority.
|Disposals to the private sector||3,157||2,734||3,257||1,722||1,457|
|Part K, lines 20 to 24 (2006-07 to 2008-09) |
Part K, lines 17 to 21 (2005-06)
Part K, lines 18 to 22 (2004-05)
1. Units: self-contained and shared bedspaces combined.
2. From 2005-06, RSLs that completed the short form were not required to complete this Part K.
3. From 2006-07, short returns were completed by RSLs who own and/or manage 999 units or less (previously this threshold was less than 250 units).
4. Figures may not add up due to rounding.
5. As disposals are in the long form only, this has been re-calculated for 2005-06 to reflect the threshold change in 2006-07.
Regulatory and Statistical Returns by Registered Social Landlords reported to the Tenant Services Authority.
As RSLs operate across regional boundaries and the data are reported as totals by each RSL, it is not possible to provide reliable estimates for London only.
It should be noted that a large (but unquantifiable) proportion of disposals on the open market are of dwellings built specifically for outright sale, the proceeds of which support the social housing programme.