To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people in (a) Peterborough and (b) Cambridgeshire are receiving local housing allowance.
The available information is in the table
|Housing benefit recipients-local housing allowance (LHA) tenants in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire; as at December 2009|
|City of Peterborough||3,520|
| Notes: |
1. Recipients are as at second Thursday of the month.
2. Local housing allowance tenants may include a small number of non-LHA cases making a new claim since 7 April 2008. This will include recipients in caravan accommodation.
3. Figures are rounded to the nearest 10.
4. The data refers to benefit units, which may be a single person or a couple.
5. SHBE is a monthly electronic scan of claimant level data direct from local authority computer systems. It replaces quarterly aggregate clerical returns. The data is available monthly from November 2008 and December 2009 is the most recent available.
6. Housing benefit figures exclude any extended payment cases. An extended payment is a payment that may be received for a further four weeks when they start working full time, work more hours or earn more money.
7. Data from SHBE incorporates the local authority changes from 1 April 2009.
Single Housing Benefit Extract (SHBE).