Departmental Energy

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 30th March 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gregory Barker Gregory Barker Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what (a) voltage optimisers and (b) equivalent technologies are used within buildings occupied by his Department.

Photo of Chris Bryant Chris Bryant Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Europe)

The Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) has power factor correction equipment installed on one power supply to the King Charles street building and to selected buildings within the Hanslope Park site.

No voltage optimisers or equivalent technologies are installed in the remaining FCO buildings in the UK.

Information on this type of equipment within the global FCO estate is not held centrally. Details could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.