Accident and Emergency Departments: Standards

Health written question – answered on 30th March 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Shailesh Vara Shailesh Vara Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many patients in (a) North West Cambridgeshire constituency, (b) Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust, (c) Peterborough Primary Care Trust and (d) England were attended to within (i) 10, (ii) 30, (iii) 60 and (iv) 120 minutes of arriving at an accident and emergency unit in the latest period for which figures are available.

Photo of Mike O'Brien Mike O'Brien Minister of State (Health Services), Department of Health

Information is not available in the format requested. The Department does not hold data by constituency. However, the following table sets out the number of attendances in 2008-09 in accident and emergency (A&E) departments operated by acute trusts based within the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust (PCT) area, the Peterborough PCT area, and England, by the time spent between arrival and departure from A&E. Since the data are collected by acute trust rather than by PCT, the data may include attendances from A&E departments located outside the PCT area. For example, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates a type 3 A&E department (a minor injuries unit) at Stamford and Rutland hospital in Lincolnshire.

Number of A&E attendances, by time from arrival to departure from the department, 2008-09
Duration to departure from A&E Cambridgeshire PCT Peterborough PCT England
<10 minutes 291 861 315,480
<30 minutes 3,904 8,641 1,355,577
<60 minutes 17,622 19,099 3,241,108
<120 minutes 53,464 37,569 6,959,044
All attendances (with a known time to departure) 121,982 68,698 13,445,355
Attendances where time to departure is not known 3 0 348,717

Experimental A&E Hospital Episode Statistics (HES), The NHS Information Centre for health and social care.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.