British Overseas Territories: EC Grants and Loans

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 10th February 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Lancaster Mark Lancaster Shadow Minister (International Development)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs whether overseas territories are eligible to apply for funding from EU research programmes.

Photo of Chris Bryant Chris Bryant Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Europe)

In accordance with Article 58 of the Overseas Association Decision (OAD), the instrument which determines the relationship between the EU and the overseas countries and territories (OCTs), Territories are eligible for funding from EU research programmes.

Territories have found it difficult in practice to access this and other funding streams to which they are eligible. This is an area which I and my officials have raised regularly with the Commission and it is something which we want to address in the re-negotiation of the OAD.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.