Armed Forces: Housing

Defence written question – answered on 10th February 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Willie Rennie Willie Rennie Chair of Parliamentary Campaigns; Shadow Defence Minister

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how much his Department spent on accommodation for members of the armed forces with a rank of Brigadier or equivalent and above in each of the last 12 months.

Photo of Kevan Jones Kevan Jones Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans)

holding answer 8 February 2010

The information is not held in the format requested.

Members of the armed forces are entitled to live in publicly funded accommodation. Where this is not available, accommodation will be provided through either substitute service single accommodation or substitute service family accommodation. There is no requirement to separately account for the accommodation provided to all officers in the group requested.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.