Armed Forces: Furniture

Defence written question – answered on 10th February 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Willie Rennie Willie Rennie Chair of Parliamentary Campaigns; Shadow Defence Minister

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how much his Department has spent on household furniture for properties occupied by members of the armed forces with a rank of Brigadier or equivalent and above.

Photo of Kevan Jones Kevan Jones Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans)

The information is not held in the format requested.

Furniture is made available for all members of the armed forces who occupy public accommodation if it is requested and a charge for its use is reflected in the rent deducted from the occupant. There is no requirement to separately account for the furniture provided to all officers of 1 Star status and above.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No3 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.